If you have ever had to plan an event, you currently know how complex it can be. You require to plan the schedule, the caterers, print the invites, mail the invites, gather RSVPs, find entertainment for the event and the list is endless. You forget one thing and there is a very good opportunity that your event will collapse or fail miserably. Rather of you tearing your hair out and getting sleepless nights, it would be a good concept to hire a professional event planner and an event planning company to provide professional services and a totally managed event.
Hiring a professional event planner
- Know your event and the experts who deal with such events -- All events are not the exact same. For instance, some specialize in corporate events, brand management and launching and even corporate branding for special events. These companies will not provide event planning services for small events like anniversaries and birthday parties. Before you hire the planner, we recommend you list down exactly what you want and then start looking for a relevant event planner.
- Always verify reputations and references -- Most event planners and event management companies will have a portfolio that they will be happy to show you. Even with the portfolio, the planner or the company will also have a design book that they will be happy to show you correct away. At the first meeting, you should ask for references and call these customers. Talking to prior customers is the only way by which you can confirm the event planner's experience and qualifications.
- Network of contacts -- Good planners have a huge variety of industry contacts. They need this as they should be in a position to meet the customer's every demand and that indicates they should be in a position to find every thing from A to Z at a moment's notice. A lot of industry contacts will also imply that your event planner will be well recognized and he or she will have significant experience in dealing with emergencies or cancellations.
- Look at web sites -- Great planners will always list their portfolios and events on their website and you can easily verify them quickly. Apart from personal or company web sites, you can also verify the Yellow Pages and Trade Directories to find good local event planners or event management companies.
- Creativity and cost -- Creativity comes with a price and most event planners do charge for their services. However, you can easily compare rates and services before you lastly select a company for your event.
- Firms vs. freelance - Please note that freelance or private specialists are just as good as large firms and this should not impact your option.